Like I stated earlier, may Atiku’s competence not kill all of you. Before this dispensation, under PDP’s misrule, which Atiku was actively part of for 8yrs, nearly all murder cases were swept under the carpet and remain unresolved. To the extent an Attorney General was killed! Wole Soyinka says.
Late Chief Bola Ige, as a sitting Attorney General of the Federation was shot dead in his bedroom in Bodija, Ibadan in December 23, 2001. Similarly, Chief Aminasaoari Dikibo, PDP Deputy National Chairman was ambushed near Asaba in daylight and was murdered in October 22, 2004.
What about the gruesome cold blood murder of Dr. Harry Marshal on March 05, 2003, at the climax
for the 2003 presidential elections? Google who his son and family are accusing of masterminding his assassination. The killers are within us.
A rundown of some of the notable assassinations between 1999 – 2014:-
Janet Oladape, PDP leader in Odigbo LGA clubbed to death by gunmen on August 13, 2002.
Alhaji Ahmed Pategi, Kwara State Chairman, PDP, murdered at Aiyetoro, in Kogi State, on the 15th of August, 2002.
Barnabas Igwe, Chairman, Nigeria Bar Association (NBA) and his wife, Abigail Igwe, murdered on the 1st of September, 2002.
Victor Nwankwo: younger brother of Arthur Nwankwo, founder, Eastern Mandate Union (EMU) assassinated on August 29, 2001.
Jealous friends are worse than enemies: cutting them off is best for you
Momoh Lawal: relation of Akaaba, former Chairman, Okene LGA in Kogi killed on March 5, 2001.
Odunayo Olagbaju: member, Osun House of Assembly, killed in Ile-Ife on December 21, 2001
Chimere Ikoku: former VC, UNN, killed in his residence in Enugu on 20th of October 2002.
Dele Arojo, PDP guber aspirant, killed by unknown assailants in Lagos on November 25, 2002.
February, 2003, Chief Ogbonnaya Uche, ANPP senatorial candidate in Imo, assassinated.
Theodore A. Agwatu, Principal Secretary to the Governor of Imo State, killed in February 2003.
Mrs. Emily Omope, an AD woman leader died in March, 2003 at UCH Ibadan after an acid attack in December, 2002 by unknown persons.
February, 2003 Ogbonnaya Uche, ANPP senatorial candidate for Orlu was killed in his home by unknown gunmen. Killers are yet to be found till date.
Andrew Agom, A member of PDP Board of Trustees and former boss of Nigeria Airways, was also killed on March 4, 2004. Agom was on the entourage of the former Benue State governor, Senator George Akume, when he was killed.
Death moved to d South West on May 15, 2005 with d murder of leading financier of Oronmiyan Group, a socio-political organization, Alabi Okoju, at Gbongan by assassins.
On July 2006, Lagos PDP guber aspirant, Funsho Williams was killed at his Dolphin Estate home Ikoyi, Lagos.
Former World Bank consultant and PDP guber aspirant in Ekiti State, Dr. Ayo Daramola, was also murdered in 2006.
Kehinde Fasubaa, a look alike twin brother of Taye Fasuba, then Ado-Ekiti LG Chairman was killed on January 03, 2009. Taye Fasuba himself escaped death in 2004.
The assasination of DIPO DINA was a huge personal loss to me. On Monday, January 25, 2010 assassins shot and killed him around Covenant University, Ota. Dipo Dina was AC guber candidate in 2007. Gbenga Daniel indicated recently that Amosun should be investigated for his death.
Unlike now that we are all free to tweet nonsense at Buhari, In the years under review, your freedom to life as a journalists, after excising your freedom of speech was not guaranteed. Godwin Agbroko, Chairman, ThisDay Editorial Board was assassinated on December 22, 2006.
Another ThisDay journalist, Abayomi Ogundeji, was murdered on August 17, 2008. Those who know better are insisting that his death may have been political. People who are aware at about this period in our political history knew it was dangerous working at ThisDay Newspapers then.
Another journalist, Bayo Ohu of Guardian Newspapers was shot dead on a Sunday, September 20, 2009 by a gang of 5 men and a woman in his home in Egbeda, Lagos. Bayo Ohu was working on the Certificate Forgery story of Customs Controller General, Abdullahi Dikko before his murder.
Here is a summary of notable unresolved killings of journalists and politicians in Nigeria. Please pay attention to the dates:
1. Igwe Nwankwo – Shot February 15, 2000 in Anambra.
2. Nicholas Okhuakhua Shot June 2000 in Lagos.
3. Mohammed Shuaibu Shot September 2000 in Lagos.
4. Obatou Mumbo Shot October 17, 2000 in Onitsha.
5. Idowu Braimoh Shot November 5, 2000 in Ondo
6. Joseph Osayande December 4, 2000 shot at Benin
7. Chief Layi Balogun December 10, 2000 shot in Lagos.
8. Monday Ndor August 19, 2001 shot at Port Harcourt.
9. Onyebuchi Ede shot August 23, 2001 Ebonyi.
10. Chibueze Idah August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
11. Ogbonna Odimbaiwe August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
12. Ifeanyi Nnaji August 23, 2001 Ebonyi Shot Unresolved
13. Odunayo Olagbaju December 20, 2001 Ife Shot Unresolved
14. Chief Bola Ige December 23, 2001 Ibadan Shot Unresolved
15. Eyo Eyo April 2002 Calabar Shot Unresolved
16. Ifeanyi Igbokwe April 18, 2002 Lagos Shot Unresolved
17. Musa Dayo May 9, 2002 Bauchi Shot Unresolved
18. Christopher Ogbonna May 26, 2002 Nsukka Shot Unresolved
19. Maria-Theresa Nsa June 11,2002 Cross River Shot Unresolved
20. Chief & Mrs. Barnabas Igwe September 1, 2002 Onitsha Shot Unresolved
21. Ogbonnaya Uche February 8, 2003 Owerri Shot Unresolved
21. E. Emenike February 13, 2003 Imo Shot Unresolved
22. Theodore Agwatu February 22, 2003 Owerri Shot Unresolved
23. Marshal Harry March 5, 2003 Abuja Shot Unresolved
24. Bala Mai-Haice March 17, 2003 Deba Shot Unresolved
25. Ajibola Olanipekun June 21, 2003 Ibadan Shot Unresolved
26. Dikibo February 6, 2004 Delta Shot Unresolved
27. Lateef Olaniyan July 16, 2005 Ibadan Shot Unresolved
28. Peter Eboigbe August 11, 2005 Benin Shot Unresolved
The list is endles s! This isn’t to say the internal security has improved today, but at least, so far, we have little or no political scores settled by political assassins.
Nigerians please think twice and do not use your hands and resources to return PDP to power. A vote for PDP at the center is a vote for return of political assassination across the states and Abuja. Do not forget the battle to end Boko Haram bequeathed to us to settle political scores with one of their own, GEJ is still on. The heightened herdsmen/farmers crisis is researched as political blackmail tool of the opposing PDP. Innocent souls were lost in four states in north central.
Ask yourself, how old is Fulani herdsmen in Nigeria history?
How come they were not deadly under Buhari when he was a military head of state?
How come fulani/farmers massive killings in 2017 to mid 2018 has stopped after Nigerian govt delpoyee troops to Benue and arrests were made?
Is this the first time a Fulaniman will be president and commander in chief?
Can a government sponsored insecurity against herself?
Nigerians should ask questions and query every popanganda authored by opposing PAPA DECEIVING PINKIN PARTY (PDP). Let us reason together and answer above with sincerity. Do not fall for propaganda and blackmail of political class hungry for looting to resume at Aso Rock and massive looting in states without fear of the centrally controlled EFCC, ICPC and fear of GOD.
Vote for Next Level for rebuilding of Nigeria to continue in the interest of next generation. Let us endure the pains of rebuilding for tomorrow.